This bacon and cheeseburger meatloaf is perfect! I loved everything about this meal. It was so delicious. I loved the bacon in this dish and I absolutely loved the ooey gooey cheese that was spilling out of the meatloaf. Once I saw how much my husband liked this meal, I knew that I had to spread the word. I made this meatloaf and brought it to a potluck at my church. It was a major hit! There was not one little crumb left by the time the potluck was over! I gave out the recipe like 10 times that day! This is a wonderful take on meatloaf to make it different! Try it out and you will love it!
Check out what our friends from Real Restaurant Recipes have to say about this:
“She was talking (complaining?) to me about her young son. She was saying all he ever wants to eat is a bacon cheeseburger.”
Why not make a bacon cheeseburger meatloaf? This is the perfect meatloaf!
- 4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and grilled
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and chopped (if infusing). If you are placing the bacon on top of the loaf just par cook the bacon)
- 2 pounds Kraft mild cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
- 8 medium eggs
- 6 tablespoons Heinz Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 2 cups Great Value bread crumbs (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Morton salt
- 1 tablespoon McCormick’s black pepper
Ingredients for glaze:
- 20 ounces of Heinz ketchup
- 5 tablespoons of Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, add all meatloaf ingredients together and mix well (you can use latex gloves). Make certain all ingredients are mixed thoroughly.
- On a greased sheet pan or loaf pans, mold the meatloaf into two loaves
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes and remove from oven
- Precooked 12 strips of bacon (optional)
- Glaze the loaves with about 1/3 of glaze mixture
- Return loaves to oven and bake another 15 minutes
- Remove loaves again and re-glaze using another 1/3 of the mixture
- Lay bacon strips (if using) on the top of the meat loaves
- Return loaves to oven a bake at 400 degrees F for another 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F
- Remove from oven and let the loaves “rest” about 5 minutes
- Slice meatloaves into about 3 ounce pieces and serves two pieces per plate
Instructions for glaze:
- Mix ketchup and Chipotle Pepper sauce together
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip:Use the leftover meatloaf on a sandwich for the next day!
Thanks again to Real Restaurant Recipes for this amazing recipe.