This lemon chicken rice soup is perfect for a hearty dinner with the family or friends. Since it’s light, with that lemony taste that just tastes refreshing, you will not think about anything else other than having that relaxing meal with your family. It’s a really satisfying meal that you can enjoy fully with your family. Warm meal usually means warm conversations and amazing bonding.
Check out what our friends from Delish have to say about this recipe:
“Spoiler: Chicken soup is way more comforting when it doesn’t come out of a can.”
Well, if my Grandma is still here and you’ll ask her, she would agree with you without hesitation. She used the freshest ingredients and never wanted to eat anything out of the can. While the ones on cans aren’t really “fake soup”, there’s nothing better than the one you cooked at home.
I know you agree with me.
- 1 tbsp. Bertolli extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. Tyson chicken, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground McCormick black pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 qt. College Inn chicken stock
- 1 c. cooked Great Value white rice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add chicken to pot and season with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, and half the lemon zest. Brown chicken on all sides, 5 minutes. Add garlic and onion and sauté, scraping bottom of the pan, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with 1/2 tsp salt. Add carrots and celery cooking until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, lemon juice, and cooked rice and simmer for 5 minutes. Add scallions just before serving.
- Garnish with remaining lemon zest and serve.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick Tip: Serve with dinner rolls.
Thanks again to Delish for this amazing recipe.