This giant chipwich dessert recipe is truly bewitching! Two favorite desserts are being combined and made into one amazing dessert sandwich. This is the true definition of sinful and rich; and you wouldn’t be able to say no to a slice of this even though you want to. My family can devour this whole chipwich if I just allow them! Even I am having the same hard time resisting this. See what our friends from Delish have to say about this recipe:
“The most annoying thing about a great chocolate chip cookie sandwich is how small it is (am I right?). This cake busts right through that problem.”
Oh my goodness, yes! It’s the reason why even though I made a good batch of cookies, they are gone in a day or two. Since my family is obsessed with cookies, they can’t get enough of them.
This giant chipwich cookies is a temporary solution. Temporary? Yes, because they still can’t get enough of this!
- 2 packages/logs Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 half-gallon good quality ice cream (no slow-churned)
- 3 c. Toll House mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 9-inch cake pans with parchment paper. Press each package of cookie dough into the bottom of each pan. Bake both until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool, then freeze 30 minutes.
- Remove cookies from freezer. Cover one cookie with vanilla ice cream, spreading top to create an even layer. Place other frozen cookie on top and press to push ice cream out to the sides. Smooth the ice cream along the sides, then put back in the freezer for another 2 hours.
- Press chocolate chips around the ice cream until completely covered. Then place back in freezer for another hour, or until ready to serve.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick Tip: Perfect with coffee or warm milk.
Thanks again to Delish for this amazing recipe.