I love making this cake and taking it to parties. It’s so easy for me to whip it up that it is my go to cake that I will take to any events. Whether is a pot luck, baby shower, family reunion. dance recital, etc. I will take this dessert to any place and everyone will gobble it up. It’s so light and airy that it certainly does feel angelic. I cannot even tell you how many times that I have given this recipe out to people that have tried it and absolutely loved it! My kids really love this yummy cake as well! Try it out!
Check out what our friends from Delish have to say about this:
“We want more than seven minutes with a slice of this decadent cake.”
This is the type of cake that you could keep eating and eating and eating!
- 1 box angel food cake
- 2 boxes instant Jello chocolate pudding (plus required ingredients)
- 4 c. Great Value heavy cream
- 1/4 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. McCormick’s vanilla extract
- chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare boxed cake mix according to package instructions. Pour about two-thirds of mixture into a 9”-x-13” (ungreased) baking pan. Bake until slightly golden, about 25-30 minutes. Let cool.
- When the cake is cool, poke big holes across entire surface of the cake using the rounded end of the wooden spoon. Combine pudding mix and milk in a medium bowl and whisk until the mixture just begins to thicken. Pour over the cake and spread with a spatula to make sure the pudding pours into the holes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Make whipped cream: In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream with the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over cake and garnish with chocolate shavings
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip: Garnish with your favorite fruit on top.
Thanks again to Delish for this amazing recipe.