This meatloaf calls for potato flakes, but this is a great recipe to use left over mashed potatoes! I love using leftovers to make a great meal the next day and this one is perfect. I also like to make my own sauce to put on top of the meatloaf. I like to mix ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. This in my opinion is the best sauce to put on a meatloaf. But some people really like to put brown gravy on it. Whatever you choose will taste delicious! Your family is going to love this recipe!
Check out what our friends from Mr. Food. have to say about this:
You said it all! This is a delicious way to eat your meatloaf!
- 1 1/2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Daisy sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Morton salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup Great Value seasoned bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup Tru Moo milk
- 2 tablespoons A1 steak sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 5- x 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine potato flakes, water, sour cream, salt, and 1 egg; mix well and set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pat half of meat mixture into prepared loaf pan. Press meat down and make a 1/2-inch indentation down middle length of loaf. Fill indentation with potato mixture. Gently top with remaining meat, pressing meat down over and around potato filling.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until juices run clear. Allow to set 5 minutes before slicing.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip: Add some jalapeno for a spicy kick.
Thanks again to Mr. Food for this amazing recipe.