When I made this recipe I didn’t tell my family that it was turkey until after they started eating it. They loved the spicy BBQ and started digging right in. My kids were really raving about this meal. I took the opportunity to tell them that they were not eating a typical meatloaf and that it was turkey. They were amazed! They said that it didn’t taste any different and that they loved it! The taste really is not any different from the beef. It’s still the same great classic recipe, with a slightly different taste that is also a healthier option too! Cut out the fat and enjoy this wonderful meatloaf!
Check out what our friends from Pack Momma have to say about this:
“Super moist, slightly spicy and packed with flavor, this Spicy BBQ Turkey Meatloaf will surprise you with how good it really is.”
This recipe is so good that you won’t miss the beef! It’s all about the turkey!
- 2 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 3/4 large onion (approx 1 cup), diced
- 1 tsp McCormick’s onion powder
- 2 tsp McCormick’s garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Morton salt
- 1 tsp McCormick’s pepper
- 2 slices bacon, crumbled
- 1 tsp McCormick’s chipotle powder
- 2 tsp McCormick’s smoked paprika
- 2 tbl Heinz Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbl dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Master Piece BBQ sauce
- 1 cup Great Value wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp ancho powder (for topping)
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a baking pan by lining it with tin foil and spray the tin foil with non-stick cooking spray or add a baking rack to your pan for your meatloaf to sit on.
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, onion, spices, bacon, Worcestershire, Dijon, eggs, 1/3 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce and the breadcrumbs.
- Using your hands, combine all ingredients until completely incorporated. Rake your fingers through the meat mixture to ensure there are no pockets of unseasoned turkey.
- Shape the meat mixture into a loaf and place on your pan / rack.
- Using a basting brush, cover the top of your meatloaf with the remaining 1/3 cup of BBQ sauce. Pour the ancho pepper powder in your hand and evenly sprinkle over the sauce using your fingertips.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip: Swap out the Dijon mustard for spicy mustard.
Thanks again to Pack Momma for this amazing recipe.