Chocolate covered strawberries are easy to make. I mean really simple. I chose to share this recipe with you because something so simple can easily go array! Pay special attention to melting the chocolate. The first time I melted chocolate on my own I get the tiniest hint of water in it and the chocolate seized up like you wouldn’t believe! Nothing saved that batch of chocolate. Lesson learned, let me tell you! It was a little funny, I have to admit. But when I did get everything in order, the finished project was well worth the lesson. These chocolate covered strawberries are fabulous!
Check out what our friends from You Have More Than You Think have to say about this:
“It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s delicious.”
Romance yourself and make these chocolate covered strawberries! You don’t have to share. I won’t tell!
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips – 11.5 ounce bag (Opt for cheap, low quality chocolate, and – trust me – you’ll hate yourself for it.)
- Fresh Strawberries – 1 pound
- Wax Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Spoon (For stirring.)
- Cover your cookie sheet with a large piece of wax paper.
- Clean strawberries with a damp paper towel, and set aside.
- Pour a generous amount of chocolate chips into a microwave safe container. Don’t skimp. It’s amazing how much chocolate each strawberry uses.
- Melt chocolate. Set your microwave’s power at 50%. Heat chocolate chips in 15 – 30 second increments, stirring occasionally, until completely melted.
- Hold a single strawberry by its leaves, and dip it into the melted chocolate. Perform stirring motion with the strawberry to adequately cover it with chocolate. The chocolate doesn’t have to reach the very top.
- Slowly lift strawberry out of melted chocolate, allowing any excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Hold strawberry upside down in your hand, forcing the chocolate to run up the strawberry without dripping onto your table or counter top.
- Place strawberry on cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all strawberries are covered in chocolate.
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick Tip: Serve with a glass of your favorite bubbly!
Thanks again to You Have More Than You Think for this amazing recipe.