This pizza bake is a favorite by many and for good reason! I mean, you get all the ooey gooey-ness of a pizza but it’s even gooier because it’s in casserole form. I can’t get over how delicious this stuff tastes. Pizza casserole is also very easy to make. Have your kids help you in the kitchen while you put it together. it’s a lot of fun to have your little helpers standing by your side while making somethign fabulous to eat.
This has got to be one of the simplest recipes I have ever come across. Will you be making this tonight for dinner?
1/2 lb Barilla bow tie pasta
1 lb Jimmy Dean mild pork sausage
2 (26 oz) jars spaghetti sauce
1 large onion, diced
1 lb cooked ham, cubed
Hormel sliced pepperoni
3 (8 oz) bags of shredded mozzarella
6 tbsp Kraft grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp minced garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
1. Cook pasta according to the package directions, or until al dente. Run under cold water to stop the cooking process, drain and set aside.
2. Add the sausage, onions, garlic, and oregano until the sausage has cooked through and the onions are translucent. Remove them from heat, drain if necessary, and set aside.
3. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Add some sauce to the dish, just enough to lightly coat the bottom when spread out.
4. To create the first layer, add 1/3 of the cooked pasta and spread it out evenly into the dish. Cover the pasta with 1/3 of the remaining sauce. Sprinkle one bag of cheese out evenly overtop. Sprinkle two tbsp of Parmesan out evenly over the mozzarella. Add the cooked sausage mixture and spread it out evenly.
5. For the second layer, spread half of the remaining pasta into the dish. spread half of the remaining sauce out over the pasta. Sprinkle another bag of mozzarella and two tbsp of Parmesan evenly over top. Sprinkle the diced ham out evenly to finish the layers.
6. To prepare the final layer, add all the remaining pasta, the rest of the pasta sauce, the last bag of mozzarella and the rest of Parmesan, and finally top with all the sliced pepperoni.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick Tip: This pizza bake makes a great dish to serve to kids at sleepovers, potlucks, or any type of youngster get-together.