This recipe has been a great hit over at I Am Baker. Here’s what lovely readers have said about it:
Oh. That ain’t right. It just ain’t right! OMG. That looks just so amazing and fabulous and I want to bury my face in it. om nom nom nom!
Making this for my dads birthday this weekend! I make this chocolate cake all the time now it is my new fav I use a 10 inch pans and just double the recipe and have 2 10 inch cakes. O by the way LOVE this cake!!!!
- 2 8-ounce packages of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 16 “fun size” snickers candy bars, chopped (2 cups total)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups good unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly brewed hot coffee (can substitute hot water)
- 1 (12-oz.) package milk chocolate morsels
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 9 fun size Snickers bars
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 3-4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Whipped Cream (I used Cool Whip®)
- 4-5 extra Snickers® bars, chopped for garnish
- Mix cream cheese on medium-low speed for 30 seconds. Add in sugar and eggs and beat until smooth.
- Remove bowl from stand and stir in chopped candy bars by hand.
- Prepare an 8-inch springform pan by spraying with bakers spray and lining with parchment.
- Pour the filling into the pan and bake until set, 35-40 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Set the pie on a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before assembling cake.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. With mixer still on low, add coffee and stir just to combine, scraping the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350.
- Cool in the pans for 30 minutes, then turn them out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Pour water to depth of 3 inches into bottom of a double boiler (or medium pan) over medium-high heat, and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium; place chocolate and salt in top of double boiler (or medium pan) over simmering water.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and stir constantly for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat; add butter and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until smooth.
- Melt Snickers bars with 1 stick butter in a saucepan over very low heat. (about five minutes) Once melted, remove from heat and add confectioners sugar (starting with 3 cups and adding more only if frosting seems to runny) then the milk.
- Whisk until smooth.
Quick Tip: Use a chocolate cake mix to make this even easier.
Thanks to I Am Baker for this deliciously indulging cake!