This casserole is super easy to make. I usually don’t even cook up chicken breasts. I buy a rotisserie chicken and just shred that into the casserole! I like to work smarter and not harder! But I have to say that I love this casserole for more than its simplicity. This casserole tastes delicious too! The smell of it cooking makes me salivate just thinking about it. Also, this casserole make a ton and goes a long way. It’s the perfect casserole that you can take to a potluck or some sort of event where you need to feed a bunch of people!If you’ve never tried the King Ranch Casserole make it a point to try this recipe out!
Check out what our friends from Dish Maps have to say about this:
“Looking for a hearty dinner? Then check out this delicious casserole featuring chicken and vegetables.”
This is the perfect casserole to fill you up! Super delicious!
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen onions, celery, bell pepper and parsley seasoning blend
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell’s condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) Campbell’s condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick’s garlic salt
- 12 soft corn tortillas (6 inch), torn into 1-inch pieces SAVE $
- 2 cups shredded Kaft Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2 In large bowl, stir together chicken, seasoning blend, soups, tomatoes, chili powder and garlic salt.
- 3 Layer one-third of the tortilla pieces in baking dish. Top with one-third of the chicken mixture and 2/3 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- 4 Bake uncovered 32 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip: Serve with your favorite jalapeno cornbread!
Thanks again to Dish Maps for this amazing recipe.