These cookie bars are very rich and delicious. The good thing about that is that a little piece goes a long way so the recipe makes tons of bars! The caramel filling is absolutely heavenly! The chocolate cookie base is so delicious. The toffee bits are exactly what the bars needed. The creamy peanut butter tastes holds this bar together to make one of the most delicious dessert bars that I have ever made. This is the kind of dessert that instantly puts a smile on the faces of anyone. Whether you are having a bad day, busy with work, or just restless from the poor weather outside these cookie bars will make you feel like everything is just right!
Check out what our friends from Hugs and Cookies XOXO have to say about this:
“Make these cookie bars for someone you LOVE! They are sure to love you right back!”
These are the kind of cookie bars that end wars!
- 12 Tablespoons Land O Lakes salted butter
- 2 c Dominos light brown sugar
- ½ c Jiff creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon McCormick’s vanilla
- 2 c Gold Medal flour
- 1 c Quaker old fashioned oats
- 2½ tsp Arm and Hammer baking powder
- 1 tsp Morton salt
- 2 cups Nestle chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- 1 cup Heath toffee bits
- 11 oz bag Kraft caramel bits (or unwrapped caramel squares)
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tablespoons Land O Lakes butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with nonstick foil.
- Cream butter and sugar together in mixer. Add peanut butter and beat. Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, oats, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and toffee.
- Press ⅔ of the cookie dough on the bottom of the pan. Place all filling ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until smooth. Stir in between!
- Pour caramel mixture evenly over the dough.
- Drop the remaining dough on top using your hands. (Like a crumble, a little here, a little there)
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool completely and cut into bars.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip: Add Coconut flakes for more yummy flavor!
Thanks again to Hugs and Cookies XOXO for this amazing recipe.