I make this chicken tetrazzini recipe whenever my friends tell me they will visit. My friends all love a good pasta recipe and this is truly one of those. Pasta is a pretty easy recipe to make, and there are a lot of similar ones out there, but once you find one of the best, you will never forget it.
Our friend over at Natasha’s Kitchen has this to say about the recipe:
“This chicken tetrazzini is comforting creamy lusciousness; a cheesy pasta bake loaded with juicy chicken and plump mushrooms.”
I love adding more mushrooms to this just because I love mushrooms. And of course, more cheese! I love the taste of cheese in this recipe, with the way it makes the chicken and the sauce more flavorful. How about you? If there’s one thing you want to add to this recipe, what would it be?
For the Chicken Tetrazzini:
- 12 oz Barilla thin spaghetti or linguine
- 4 Tyson medium boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 lbs), trimmed
- 1 lb Great Value button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 medium onion,
- finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Bertolli Olive Oil
For the Creamy Sauce:
- 4 Tbsp Kerrygold unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup Gold Medal all-purpose flour
- 2 cups College Inn low sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ cups Borden half and half (or sub with equal parts milk & heavy cream)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped, plus more to garnish
- 1½ to 2 cups Sargento shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat Oven to 350˚F. Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water until aldente according to package instructions then rinse to stop the cooking process, drain and set aside.
- In a large dutch oven pot or deep saute pan (if baking in a casserole dish), melt 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with about ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Once oil is hot, saute chicken until golden brown on both sides and cooked through (about 4 min per side). Remove to cutting board to cool then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In the same pot (no need to wash it), add 3 Tbsp oil then add sliced mushrooms and saute 2 min or until softened. Add diced onions and cook until onions are soft and golden, 5-7 min. Add minced garlic and sautee another 1-2 min. Remove to the cutting board with chicken.
- In the same pot, melt 4 Tbsp butter and whisk in ⅓ cup flour until lightly golden (1½ min). Add 2 cups chicken broth, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper or season to taste and whisk until smooth. Add 1½ cups half and half and bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken, mushrooms, onions and pasta to the pot then season to taste with salt and pepper, sprinkle in ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley and stir to combine. Sprinkle the top generously with shredded mozzarella, cover and bake at 350˚F for 30 min then remove lid and continue baking 15 min.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick Tip: You can further simplify this by using rotisserie chicken.
Thanks again to Natasha’s Kitchen for this amazing recipe.