My grandmother used to make this dessert when we would have family functions or any gatherings to be honest! I can recall having it at her house all the time and remember her bringing it to events like reunions, baby shower, church potlucks, etc. Now that I have my own family, I love to make it for the kiddos. And they sure love to eat it up. There is never any of it left after a day or two. Once you try this recipe, you will see that it is an instant classic dessert!
Check out what our friends from Amandas Cookin have to say about this:
“This pineapple dream dessert is one of my family’s favorites.”
This pineapple dream dessert will leave you will a smile on your face and in your belly!
- 2 1/2 cups graham crumbs (2 sleeves)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained well
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Melt butter in the microwave and allow to cool. Combine the crumbs and butter and toss together until incorporated. Press 2 cups of the crumb mixture firmly into an 9×9 square pan and bake for 8-10 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until creamy. Turn the mixer down to low and add the powdered sugar one cup at a time until incorporated. Turn up and beat well for a minute or so. Add a heaping tablespoon of the drained pineapple and stir in with a rubber spatula. Spread the cream cheese and pineapple mixture over the crust.
- Fold the remaining pineapple into the Cool Whip and spread on top of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the remaining graham cracker crumb mixture on top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
ED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick Tip: Serve with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
Thanks again to Amandas Cookin for this amazing recipe.