If you want to serve this to guests, why not present it in a fancy way and bake it in a large cast iron skillet instead of a casserole dish! It’ll look just like in an authentic Italian restaurant – and you’ll be sure to get some amazed ‘oohhs’ and ‘aahhs’!
Keep a close eye on the pizza while you’re baking it. The baking time may vary depending on your oven, the dish you’re using and how thick of a crust you’re making!
- 2 (28 oz) cans plum tomatoes, drained
- 2 (16 oz) packages refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage, cooked and drained of fat
- 1 (8 oz) package pepperoni slices
- 1 (8 oz) package low moisture mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375º F and spray a casserole dish with nonstick spray.
Open biscuit dough. Roll out to create a pizza crust and place in baking dish.
Layer mozzarella slices evenly on top of crust, followed by pepperoni and sausage.
In a large bowl, crush the plum tomatoes with a fork, then stir in parmesan and seasonings.
Spread tomato sauce evenly over pizza, then sprinkle with Italian cheese blend.
Bake for about 1 hour, or until dough is cooked through and cheese is bubbly.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip: If you’re trying to cut down on calories, make a lovely fresh salad to go with one slice of this delicious pizza.
Thanks to 12 Tomatoes for this delicious recipe to curb those pizza cravings!