This is the perfect thing to bring to a party but beware – you’re going to have to do it every single time after that moment! It tastes absolutely delicious with toasted baguettes.
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 package Italian dressing mix
- 1¼ cup marinara sauce, you can buy some or make your own (see recipe below)
- 1½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cooked Italian sausage
- 10 pepperoni, chopped
- 1 small can sliced olives, drained
- ¼ cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- ⅛ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon basil
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream the cream cheese and Italian dressing mix together in a bowl. Spread the mixture on the bottom of a 7×10 baking dish. Pour marinara sauce over the top of the first layer and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over sauce. Then sprinkle sausage over cheese. Next, sprinkle chopped pepperoni over sausage. Next, layer olives over pepperoni. Lastly, sprinkle Parmesan cheese over olives. Place dip in oven at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Finally, sprinkle parsley over the top and serve with toasted baguettes.
DIRECTIONS FOR MARINARA SAUCE:
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat add olive oil, garlic and onion. Sauté until onion is tender, 2 – 3 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer on low for 7 – 10 minutes.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip: Serve with toasted baguettes for a real Italian-inspired dish.
Thanks to Chef in Training for this creative appetizer that is sure to be a hit!