Check out what fans at Dessert Now Dinner Later had to say about this scrumptious cheeseburger casserole:
“I can’t tell you how much we enjoyed this! My husband kept saying ‘three yums’! (which is his ultimate vote!!) It turned out great!!”
This recipe caught my attention, and I can’t wait to give it a try! Add in your own favorite burger toppings, as this recipe is easily customizable. Serve it up at your next gathering and wait for the compliments to roll in!
- 2 cups (6 oz) uncooked Barilla rotini pasta (spiral pasta)
- 2 tsp canola or Wesson vegetable oil
- 1½ cups onions, finely chopped (about 1 large onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (about 1 tsp)
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I used 97/3)
- 1 Tbsp McCormick peppercorn steak seasoning
- 6 Tbsp Heinz ketchup
- 3 Tbsp French’s dijon mustard
- 1 (14.5oz) can Hunt’s petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cups Kraft cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Heinz dill pickles, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Grease a 13×9″ pan with cooking spray.
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Drain & set aside.
- Brown beef in a large skillet. Drain fat & set meat aside.
- In the same skillet heat oil & saute onions until translucent. Add garlic & saute another minute or until fragrant.
- Return the beef to the pan & add the steak seasoning, ketchup, mustard, diced tomatoes, & cooked pasta. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Pour everything into the pan & sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip: Add any other toppings you typically enjoy on your cheeseburger for a complete custom meal – jalapenos, blue cheese, bacon, etc.
Thanks to Dessert Now Dinner Later for this delicious family-friendly meal.