These are so incredibly good sometimes I’d like to make them twice a week! My favorite part about this recipe is the spinach, but if you don’t like it, you can always use some of your favorite ingredients instead.
- 8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
- 1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
- 5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
- 6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
- 6 oz part skim mozzarella (I used Polly-O)
- olive oil non-stick spray (I use my Misto)
- 1 cup pomodoro sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.
Shred 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach (squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.
Lay cutlets down on a working surface, spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.
Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). When finished, lightly spray with olive oil.
Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.
Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip:Keep seam side down when baking, or all the inside goodness may seep out!
Thanks to Skinnytaste for this slimmed down version of a delicious Italian meal.