I absolutely love this recipe because it’s so easy to change things up a bit if you get tired of the original one. Use different beans, add more veggies, use sweet potatoes instead of red potatoes… Spice it up with jalapenos or leave even the red pepper flakes out if you’d like to keep it mild. So easy and so delicious!
- 8 bone-in,
- 16 ounces baby red potatoes, halved
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 16 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine soy sauce, honey, ketchup, garlic, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Place chicken thighs, potatoes, carrots and soy sauce into a 6-qt slow cooker, mix everything together. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours, basting every hour. Add green beans during the last 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley.
Quick Tip: Instead of bone-in chicken thighs, feel free to use boneless skinless chicken thighs, if you prefer!
Thanks to Damn Delicious for this tasty slow cooker meal, perfect for a busy weeknight.