Whenever I make this it ends up gone in no time! Lately I’ve just been making a double portion – I thought if there was some of it left I could just pack it up for the guests to take home. I haven’t had anything to pack up so far!
- 1 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 4 cups shredded Parmesan cheese (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, undrained
- Serve with assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for about 6-8 minutes, breaking into crumbles. Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- Stir in all the other ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until heated through. Stir before serving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 24 servings
Quick Tip: If you prefer a sweet and spicy combination, trade the spicy sausage for a sweet variety instead.
Thanks to Taste of Home for this flavorful appetizer dish!