If you like macaroni and cheese but feel like it could use an update, then this is definitely your go-to recipe from now on. While jalapenos may not be on every kid’s wish list, I know some who would eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (or rice flour)
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup chopped pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 pkg of Kraft Creamy Mexicana Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia
- 3 slices of bread, made into bread crumbs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- pickled Jalapeno pepper slices for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a heavy pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour until it is fully combined.
- Whisk in the whole milk and continue whisking until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the dry mustard (and chopped Jalapeno peppers).
- Add the Kraft Creamy Mexicana Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia, stir constantly until the cheese has melted. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta until it is al dente. Drain, add the noodles to a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Add the cheese mixture to the pasta and mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter and bread crumbs, then sprinkle them evenly over the pasta. Top with a few pickled Jalapeno pepper slices as a garnish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the pasta is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
NEXT PAGE >>
Quick Tip: You can use any type of shredded cheese desired for the sauce!
Thanks to A Pretty Life in the Suburbs for this flavorful comfort food casserole!