This will make such a delicious dinner I will gladly serve it for dinner guests. Add a fancy dessert and they will be amazed by your cooking skills!
It is a very simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of preparing. You just need to make sure you have enough time for letting that beef brisket cook until it’s tender.
- 5 pounds corned beef brisket, trimmed
- 6 cups beef stock
- 1 small head cabbage (about 1 pound), cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups turnips ( 1/2 pound), cut into large dice
- 1 1/2 cups pearl onions
- Salt, as needed
- Black pepper, as needed
- Cut brisket into two pieces. Place in a deep pot and cover with stock. Heat on stove and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook until tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Add the remaining ingredients to beef and simmer until the vegetables are cooked, about 35 to 45 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. When done, remove meat and let it sit for about 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with veggies.
Quick Tip: Throw in some cut up red-skin potatoes for another side option!
Thanks to She Knows for this delicious traditional Irish dinner!