What would you choose to add into this delicious lasagna? Some of my favorites are mushrooms and carrots. I have also tried it with zucchini and it turned out great!
9 lasagna noodles
1 tsp. salt
2 cups assorted vegetables: bell pepper, carrot, mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
4 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
2 cups ricotta cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Place pasta and salt in cooker.
- Add water to level 4.
- Cook 16-18 mins.
- Chop vegetables.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add onion and garlic; saute 2-3 mins.
- Add vegetables of your choice and saute until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Back to the Pasta:
- Remove pasta from microwave; rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a 9×13 pan layer 1/2 cup sauce, 3 noodles, 1/3 of the vegetables and ricotta. Repeat 2 times, topping with sauce, ricotta, and Parmesan.
- Place in broiler for 1 min. to brown.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip: The recipe directions call for using the microwave to cook the pasta, however feel free to use the directions on the pasta box for cooking (stove top) and follow the recipe directions from there on.
Thanks to Fasta Pasta for this tasty way to squeeze in your veggies!