These are very filling so the serving size is one per person. Try them with rice or if you’d like an even lighter version, with a green salad.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups (1 medium) zucchini, shredded
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Romano cheese (or parmesan)
- 3 oz part skim shredded mozzarella
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil non-stick spray
- Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Saute the garlic until golden. Add zucchini, 1/4 cup Romano cheese, salt and pepper and saute 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool. When cool, add mozzarella cheese and mix to combine.
- Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 3 tbsp of zucchini-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp of Romano cheese in one bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Dip chicken in lemon-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with oil spray.
- Bake 25 – 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip: Remember to keep the seam side down when placing the chicken in the casserole dish, or you can enjoy watching all the insides come oozing out!
Thanks to Skinnytaste for always delivering flavorful and healthy meal options!
Pages: 1 2