If you want the texture of the risotto to be similar to one that was made the traditional way, I recommend you cook this on high for 2-3 hours. If you cook it on low for 5-6 hours the texture will be softer – but it will taste just as delicious!
- 1¼ cups Arborio Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz baby portobello mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1 cup frozen cut carrots (or other veggies)
- 1 large chicken breast (about ¾ pound)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup heavy cream (for later)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (for later)
Add all the ingredients (except the chicken) to crock pot and mix.
Place chicken in crock and cover.
Cook on high for 2-3 hours for best risotto texture, or low for 5-6 for a softer texture.
Remove chicken once fully cooked and shred with two forks – return to crock.
Add cream and cheese and give everything a gentle stir to combine.
Quick Tip: Add peas or green beans for even more veggies.
Thanks to Crockpot Gourmet for this creamy comfort-food bliss!