There is another way to serve this for those of you who don’t like vanilla glaze. You can always leave it out (which makes this even easier) and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of your cake slice instead. I guarantee it’s just as delicious either way!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed and drained)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons hot water
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease bottom and side of 9×3-inch springform pan or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour and the cinnamon. Cut in butter with fork until crumbly. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together all coffee cake ingredients (not the blueberries); beat with spoon 30 seconds. Fold in blueberries. Spread batter in pan. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- Optional: In small bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm coffee cake.
Quick Tip: This coffee cake can be frozen for up to six months, convenient for when dessert is needed in a pinch!
Thanks to Betty Crocker for this sweet berry-filled bliss!