I love to add lots of cheese into this dish. One of my favorite cheeses that I like to throw in is gouda. This makes it even creamier! The garlic really pairs well with the veggie and cheese in this dish. You will smell this casserole cooking through your entire house and out the door! It is one of those truly aromatic casseroles that are smell good and taste even better. This is also a fantastic dish to pass at a potluck or any other social gathering that you may be attending.
Check out what our friends from Butter Is Not A Carb have to say about this:
“This is so simple to make, especially once all the ingredients are prepped, and will certainly please everyone who tries it.”
This casserole is not only easy to make, but is so scrumptious to eat!
- 2 medium green zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2tblsp green onions, sliced
- 2tblsp fresh basil, minced
- 1/2c yellow onion
- 1tsp McCormick’s garlic powder
- 1tsp McCormick’s oregano
- 4oz Philiadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1/2c Kraft shredded parmesan
- 1c Kraft shredded mozzarella, separated
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the green onions, both top and bottom, into thin slices.
- Mince the fresh basil.
- Chop the yellow onion into small pieces.
- Remove both ends of each squash. Slice the squash and zucchini once lengthwise and then thinly slice the vegetables into half moon shapes.
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds in a large mixing bowl.
- To the cream cheese add the green onions, basil, yellow onions, zucchini, squash, parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, garlic powder and oregano.
- Stir with a spatula until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Spray an 8×8 glass baking dish with non-stick spray and pour the mixture into the dish evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Return to the oven for another 15-20 minutes until the top is golden brown
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip: Serve with lemon pepper chicken.
Thanks again to Butter Is Not A Carb for this amazing recipe.