If you have ever made bread pudding before then you know that it is super easy to make. Changing to chocolate turtle bread pudding is super easy still and makes it taste amazing. When this is cooking in your slow cooker, you can smell it for miles. Everyone that has ever tried this dessert has been more than pleasantly surprised. We must had given the recipe out to every person that was at Katrina’s house for the wedding, There was hardly anything left after we opened the lid up on that slow cooker. This is a really good recipe and I urge you to try it you have never made it before or make it again!
Check out what our friends from The Gunny Sack have to say about this:
“It is a warm, comforting dessert with chocolate, caramel and pecans.”
This dessert is more than comforting. It is downright delicious!
- 8 cups French bread cubes (about ½ of a 1 lb loaf)
- 1 cup Nestle semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup Nestle caramel bits
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup Pioneer granulated sugar
- ½ cup Domino’s brown sugar
- ⅓ cup Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup Folgers strong coffee
- 1 cup Great Value half-n-half
- ½ cup Tru Moo milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Cut half of a one pound loaf of French bread into cubes.
- Place 8 cups of bread cubes into a lightly greased 3½ – 4 quart crockpot.
- Top with chocolate chips, caramel bits and chopped pecans.
- In a bowl, mix together granulated sugar, brown sugar and cocoa powder. Add four slightly beaten eggs, vanilla, strong coffee, half-n-half and milk. Mix until completely blended.
- Slowly pour the mixture over the cubed bread.
- Carefully stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip: Add peanut butter for even more yummy flavor.
Thanks again to The Gunny Sack for this amazing recipe.