Whenever I make this casserole I like to make Spanish rice. I like to throw a little cilantro in this rice and sometimes corn. I also love making cornbread with my delicious casserole too. This is a fantastic meal and kicks taco night right off the calendar. This casserole is so easy to make. So, if you don’t have a lot of time then this is the casserole for me. I really love smothering the top of this casserole with lots of ooey gooey cheese. Make this casserole and you will see!
Check out what our friends from Chew Out Loud have to say about this:
“Easy. Cheesy. Crowd pleasing. Go ahead…make it.”
This casserole is so yummy and easy to make!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cooked and shredded (rotisserie works well, too)
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 12 oz salsa verde (green)
- 1 can Campbell lowfat cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Campbell lowfat cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup Tru Moo milk
- 1 tsp McCormick’s garlic powder
- 1 tsp McCormick’s freshly ground black pepper
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1 lb Kraft grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Sliced olives for garnish
- Grease a 9×13 casserole dish. Mix onion, salsa verde, cans of soup, milk, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl. Whisk to combine well. Slice tortillas into 1-inch strips.
- Spread a thin layer of soup mixture onto bottom of greased casserole dish.
- Layer half of the tortillas over that. Layer half of shredded chicken over tortillas, followed by half of the soup mixture. Sprinkle half of the cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese on top.
- Cover tightly, and chill in fridge overnight.
- Bake at 350F for 45 min to 1 hour, or just until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW
Quick Tip: Add a dollop of salsa on top!
Thanks again to Chew Out Loud for this amazing recipe.