This broccoli beef is ideal to serve on top of rice. Rice, with its bland taste, is just right for this savory flavors. You can also serve this over mashed potato if that’s what you prefer. My husband loves eating this without anything too sometimes; but if he does, he always chooses rice. This is a dish for all occasion too- you can serve it any time, anywhere. It’s a pretty versatile recipe that allows people to enjoy it at any occasion.
Check out what our friends from Le Crème Dela Crumb have to say about this recipe:
“This is my way of telling you that this broccoli beef is quite literally better than take-out. I know bloggers say that a lot. But today, it just has to be said. One taste and you’ll agree with me.”
It’s definitely better than take out. There is no argument about that anymore. This dish will show you how much more delicious home cooked meals really are.
- 1.5 pounds Tyson flank steak, thinly sliced and chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup College Inn beef broth
- ⅔ cup Great Value low sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup Domino brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cookwell sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick red chili flakes (optional)
- 4 cups Green Giant broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons Argo cornstarch + 4 tablespoons cold water
- Grease the inside of a slow cooker. Add steak, beef broth, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and chili flakes. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours.
- minutes before serving, uncover the slow cooker. In a small bowl whisk corn starch and water until dissolved. Add to slow cooker and stir. Cover and allow to cook another 20-25 minutes.
- Just before serving, place broccoli in a large tupperware, fill with ½ inch of water, and place the lid on in an off-set manner so that the container can vent. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Drain, stir broccoli into slow cooker, and serve.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick Tip: Serve this with a side dish of salad or roasted vegetables.
Thanks again to Le Crème Dela Crumb for this amazing recipe.