This is an easy mud cake recipe because it uses cake mix. You can always start a cake from scratch, but there’s nothing wrong with working with cake mixes sometimes. They make our lives easier and more convenient, most especially if we need emergency desserts that can please our guests. This mud pie cake recipe is super amazing- you will not go wrong with this. You can even use your own ganache recipe for this cake.
Check out what our friends from Well And Good have to say about this recipe:
“This gluten free chocolate mud cake recipe has long been a favorite in our family. It is a rich, decadent treat that is perfect for kid’s parties.”
This is really perfect for any type of occasion, not just for parties. You can serve this as snack for an afternoon tea or you can serve this as your after-dinner dessert. Enjoy this cake however you want to.
1 packet (450g) Well And Good Chocolate Mud Cake Mix (or any chocolate cake mix)
2 Eggland’s eggs
1/2 cup (125ml) water
1/2 cup (125ml) Wesson oil
2/3 cup of Borden cream
375 grams of Ghirhardelli chocolate
For the mud cake:
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (160°C fan forced)
- Grease or line a 20cm round tin.
- In a large bowl combine water, oil and eggs, with the mud cake mix, stir with an electric mixer or wooden spoon to a smooth consistency
- Pour the batter into prepared cake tin and set to bake for 55 – 65 minutes.
- Rest for 5min in the cake tin, then place on a wire rack to cool.
For the ganache:
- In a small saucepan boil 2/3 cup of cream then turn off the heat.
- Stir through 375g of melting chocolate until it is well mixed and melted.
- Allow to cool and then spread over the cake with a spatula or broad knife
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick Tip: Best served with a cup of coffee or milk.
Thanks again to Well And Good for this amazing recipe.