My family’s obsession with cream has everything to do with how I modified this recipe. This Swiss steak version is one of the best ones out there, but I had to add more cream just because my family loves this creamier. But if you’re not a fan of thickened sauce, you can just stick to the measurement of the cream. This dish is pretty much flexible though; you can adjust the ingredients based on your preferences. It will not affect the quality of the dish.
Check out what our friends from Le Crème Dela Crumb have to say about this recipe:
“Tender and juicy slow cooker swiss steak smothered in onions, mushrooms, and gravy.”
What’s better than a very tender meat with the most amazing sauce as part of your meal? None. This recipe will be appreciated by many simply because it’s a classic recipe- nothing beats a classic.
- 6 medium very thin Tyson steaks (chicken steaks, blade steaks, or round steaks work well)
- 1 cup Green Giant thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon McCormick dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup College Inn beef stock
- ¼ cup Gold Medal flour
- 2 tablespoons Wesson oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup Borden heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Place steaks in slow cooker. In a oiled skillet saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until tender and fragrant. Transfer to slow cooker on top of steaks. Sprinkle salt and pepper of the top to taste.
- In a medium bowl whisk beef stock, flour, oil, and Italian seasoning. Pour into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours.
- Stir in heavy cream, cover and cook on high for another 10-15 minutes or so until the heavy cream has heated through and gravy is hot.
- Taste, add salt and pepper to taste as needed. Sprinkle with parsley, garnish with freshly cracked black pepper, and serve.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick Tip: You can serve this with your favorite wine.
Thanks again to Le Crème Dela Crumb for this amazing recipe.