This creamed kale gratin recipe comes from Country Living. This site has a lot of homemade meals which you can try for your family. They have main courses, desserts, slow cooker recipes, and casseroles. If you have time, please visit their site. This casserole recipe is just one of the best ones in there. Anyway, you can serve this recipe any time you want. I am sure that your family or your guests will enjoy it. This is a cheesy recipe that will steal the hearts of many on the first taste.
Check out what our friends from Country Living have to say about this recipe:
“Instead of the expected spinach, kale delivers iron-rich goodness in an irresistibly gooey casserole.”
You can still try this recipe with spinach if you want just like what I did. However, you will not be disappointed if you stick with kale. Kale provides a new flavor in this rich dish and you can’t resist it.
- 4 bunch kale
- 1½ large Vidalia onions
- 6 tbsp. Land O Lakes butter
- 1¼ tsp. Morton salt
- ¾ tsp. McCormick Freshly ground pepper
- 5 tsp. Gold MEDAL all-purpose flour
- ⅓ c. white wine
- 1½ c. Borden heavy cream
- 1 c. Borden milk
- ¾ tsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. McCormick ground nutmeg
- .13 tsp. McCormick cayenne pepper
- 2 c. Sargento grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 3-quart pot over high heat, bring 2 1/2 quarts water to a boil. Working in 2 batches, blanch kale for 30 seconds. Transfer each batch to a colander and let drain until cool. Squeeze kale to remove excess water, then chop roughly and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions, butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and freshly ground pepper, stirring frequently, until onions are soft and caramelized, about 25 minutes. Add flour and stir. Add wine and bring to a simmer. Add cream, milk, zest, nutmeg, and cayenne, and simmer for 2 more minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups cheese, reserved kale, and remaining salt, and stir to combine.
- Pour kale mixture into a 2 1/2-quart baking dish and sprinkle on remaining cheese. Bake until bubbling and brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Serve immediately.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick Tip: You can serve this with your favorite wine if you like.
Thanks again to Country Living for this amazing recipe.