My husband and kids give this recipe two thumbs up!
Check out what my pals over at Adventures In Food had to say about this awesome recipe:
My husband loved bar desserts, oatmeal topped fruit crisps, and anything with rhubarb, so when I made these for him last night he was a very happy man! These Strawberry- Rhubarb Oatmeal Bars are the best of both worlds; a buttery crust topped with a delicious fruit filling, with a crumbly, oatmeal crisp topping!
I love the crust of this yummy strawberry rhubarb dessert and can’t get enough of it!
1 cup rhubarb, cut into one inch pieces
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1/3 cup Domino sugar
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon Argo cornstarch
1 1/2 cups Gold Medal flour
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup packed Domino brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon McCormick cardamom
1/4 teaspoon Morton salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup Kerrygold butter, softened
1. In a medium saucepan, combine rhubarb, strawberries, and lemon juice and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until soft and pulpy.
2. Stir in sugar and cornstarch and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for one minute, until thickened, and remove from heat to cool while you prepare the crust.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Combine crust ingredients in a bowl and using your fingers or a pastry cutter, work the butter in until you have a pea sized or smaller crumb mixture.
5. Scoop a little more than half of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 9×13 glass baking dish and press down to create the bottom crust.
6. Spoon the strawberry-rhubarb filling evenly all over and sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture on top, pressing it in slightly with your hands.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until light golden brown. Cool, slice, and enjoy!
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick Tip: I love eating these strawberry rhubarb bars with ice cream!
Thank you to Adventures In Food for this great recipe