When it comes to comfort food I often imagine things that are soft and creamy. That is exactly how I’d describe this dish. Soft, tender, and full of creamy goodness topped with bacon. Heaven on a plate!
Here’s what our friends over at Just A Pinch have said about this wonderful stew recipe:
You really taste the bacon and mushrooms in this comforting casserole. Serve this with a side salad and you have an easy weeknight meal for a cold winter night.
I love the taste of bacon, especially when paired with mushrooms and noodles so this recipe is a big winner in my opinion.
1 can(s) Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 c small pasta of choice
3/4 can(s) TruMoo milk (fill the soup can about 3/4)
2-3 slice Kraft American cheese
1 handful shredded cheddar cheese
3-4 slice Hormel bacon, chopped
3/4 c sliced mushrooms
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cook bacon in a skillet until brown and just crispy, drain on paper towels. In the same pan as drippings, sautee the mushrooms until soft.
3. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
4. In a medium sauce pan, combine soup, milk, cheeses, bacon and mushrooms. Stir until warmed through and cheese is melted. Add pasta.
5. Pour into casserole dish and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
USE RED NEXT PAGE LINK BELOW.
Quick tip: Leftovers will taste even better after a day or two in the fridge!
Thank you to Just A Pinch for this delicious recipe!